The La Crosse Media Group Is Searching For A Marketing Consultant
The La Crosse Media Group is a locally-owned company with five stations, five websites, digital services and deep roots in Wisconsin’s most beautiful area. We will provide you with the opportunity to enjoy real life wins in a fast paced, fun and professional environment. We are an equal opportunity employer.
▪ To serve our clients above all else.
▪ Employ a consultative approach to ensure we are meeting the unique needs of each client
▪ Listen intently to our clients and respond quickly to solve their problems
▪ Establish superior service and strong client relationship connections. Build strategic relationships with our clients by understanding our clients’ industry, business, and customers (Go the extra mile for clients)
▪ Provide vision and drive for managed, planned, future growth
▪ Hold fast to the highest ethics and moral behavior to ensure our reputation and integrity are beyond compare
▪ Recognize and celebrate success as well as embrace change
▪ Be community-minded by actively participating in charity and community events
▪ Be accountable and responsible for your work and actions
Our Account Executive must be comfortable with prospecting and cold calling, in-person and by phone, with an ability to engage clients quickly and develop rapport. Position will require maintaining existing accounts as well as develop new accounts.
The successful candidate will be curious, tenacious, entrepreneurial, passionate, enthusiastic, team-oriented and work with urgency to meet deadlines and goals.
Individual must have a strong desire to be coached, mentored, and developed while comfortable being an individual contributor.
Meeting and exceeding our client needs, requires the ability to interact successfully and positively in a participatory climate, working openly and effectively with all departments of the station – Programming, Traffic, On Air Talent, Marketing Consultants, and Management.
Position reports to our Director of Marketing Consulting
Education and Qualifications
▪ Minimum of 2 years’ experience in sales and/or marketing
▪ Knowledge of broadcast preferred
▪ Digital marketing experience important (for example retargeting, keyword targeting, AI (Artificial Intelligence) targeting, behavioral targeting, mobile advertising and more
▪ Goal oriented, a strong work ethic and a sense of what it takes to succeed is essential
▪ Exceptional communication, presentation and negotiation skills
▪ Must demonstrate a high degree of time management and organizational skills
▪ Must be able to work effectively and efficiently under pressure
▪ Demonstrated commitment to community based organizations
▪ Possess exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to provide professional marketing advice to our clients and prospective clients
▪ Project a strong professional presence in appearance, actions, and personal demeanor in representing the La Crosse Media Group in the community
▪ Be an engaged listener
▪ Have a strong ability to multitask
▪ Must be self-motivated
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
▪ Ability to probe, consult, support client needs and close the business
▪ Write and develop copy for on-air advertisements and sales promotions
▪ Attend and participate in sales meetings, training programs, and conferences as requested
▪ Actively participate in brainstorming and planning sessions for development of advertising, digital and promotional programs.
▪ Prepare accurate contracts on behalf of La Crosse Media Group
▪ Prepare monthly promotional calendars for clients
▪ Meet budgeted revenue goals and activity levels on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis as defined by La Crosse Media Group
▪ Stay abreast of competitive conditions
Are You Interested?
Please submit a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com